If you follow me on social media then you know that this past weekend I've been doing some traveling. While my plans to attend Blogger Bash in NYC had been in place for a few months, I had a last minute opportunity to extend my time away from home, with a trip to the Wyndham Hamilton Park in Florham Park, New Jersey with my friend Jennifer. And since I was celebrating Birthday week, this was one trip I wasn't passing up.
As a Mom time to myself and time with friends is something that I've learned to treasure. I spend most of my day making sure that Jack, John, Bailey and the house are all taken care of before I even think about doing something for myself. When traveling the level of energy I put into ensuring my families happiness is taken up a notch. But this weekend was different, my time at the Wyndham Hamilton Park allowed me to take some time for myself and to enjoy all the little things that make travel fun for me.
5 Little Luxury's at Wyndham Hamilton Park
1. The beds and having it to myself. At home it's John, the dog and I in our bed but here it was just me and it was such a comfortable bed. The room was dark enough at night and didn't suffer from that curtain gap that happens at many hotels and lets too much light in. The bed was really comfortable and the sheets were just the right weight so I never got too hot or too cold which is sometimes the case at a hotel. Plus I love the reading lights above the bed, which made it easy for me to go to sleep and for my roommate to stay up.
2. Bath and Body works products in the room. I love that the room featured the True Spa line from Bath and Body works as their lotion is one of my favorites. Nice toiletries are one of my favorite things about staying in a hotel and I'm a sucker for great body products.
3. The number of towels in the room was 4 not 3. Many hotels have 3 of the big towels in the room and a bunch of little itty-bitty ones. Not so at the Wyndham Hamilton Park. There were 4 towels which meant that there was enough towels for Jenn and I to shower and dry our hair. I know it's a little thing but the lack of towels in hotels is a pet peeve of mine.
4. Breakfast at Arrive. The coffee bar outside of Arrive is inviting and the high top tables feature IPads for guests to use. But for me Arrive is where it's at. The breakfast buffet was delicious and full of options such as fruit, bagels and lox, made to to order omelets and waffles, oatmeal, and yogurt in martini glasses. The coffee was good and strong. It was a small luxury for me to sit and enjoy a hot breakfast and even go back for seconds.
5. The Wyndham Hamilton Park made this girls weekend completely relaxing. We had ample space in our room, we enjoyed dinner at Vanderbilt's where the food was good and the service did not rush us along. We had happy hour drinks at Vanderbilt's as well and the bar was fun and had a relaxing atmosphere. The staff at the Wyndham Hamilton Park was friendly and attentive. There is also a shuttle that can take you within 5 miles of the hotel, which was perfect for when we went to dinner in downtown Morristown.
I so rarely get to do things that are just for me and enjoying a girls weekend away was a big luxury for me. All the little ways that the Wyndham made me feel comfortable and special were so appreciated. It's hard for me to set time aside for myself and my friends but this weekend made me realize that my life needs more little luxuries.
In full disclosure I received a media rate while staying at Wyndham Hamilton Park. All opinions are my own.